Tuesday 17 November 2015

Extensive Reading

Extensive Reading
               Week 15 Today, The teacher taught about "Extensive Reading.'' When the class started. She gave us reading the text (simply read) and did the exercises-comprehension1 and comprehension2 around 15 minutes. Then I read the text, I would look at the heading of the text first and sub-heading of the paragraph. And then I previewed the article of Simply read for speed reading. After I had already read previewing, I used scanning again for keeping reading and interpretation story. I read the questions and found the answers. I think this text was easy but sometimes I didn't know the vocabularies or main idea of each paragraph, I would look at the content around the article of Simply read and open dictionary for finding the meaning. After I had done the exercises, the lecturer gave us corective feedback. 
               Next, She gave us around 30 minutes for preparing for the test. It's time for testing. She gave us the test papers, expained how to do the test and let's start the test. When I saw the test papers and read the questions for finding the answers. It made me to be serious too much. I cannot do it and didn't answers many questions. The times up! I stopped  and sent the test paper. Also I left outside quickly with sorriness because I could not do it.
                Finally, my attitudes toward this lesson is useful for all students because extensive reading is simply reading a lot of English (reading almost everyday) at a fairly easy level (being able to understand the text withot needing dictionary). Reading improves students' writing skills and also help speaking skills as well as listening skills to a lesser extent. 
       
The useful of extensive reading






                                         Thank you for reading                            

No comments:

Post a Comment